Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Quotes

"Finish every day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense:  This day is all that is good and fair.  It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had opportunity this day to share coffee with a lovely lady.  I'm learning to recognize these things, these times of stepping outside of what's comfortable and doing something different.  And when I do, it not only blesses me, but those around me.  I have had five wonderful days of discovering who I am without my children; that there is life other than just caretaking.  I realize that for this season I am a guardian over my kids, but someday they may no longer need me.  And at that time I'll need to know how to step into another aspect of Who I Am.  I believe I'm glimpsing portions of "what's next.'  And God is Good.  I love where I am, and I love where I'm going.

Here's to enjoying the journey.

1 comment:

  1. We do have to find out who we are on our time.Very encourging!

    ReplyDelete