Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life Observed

I've been thinking of this entry for a week, and the opportunity and the flow have just not been there.  So I've condensed three into one, just to air out my thoughts.

BLESSINGS/BURDENS
Who knew that my greatest burden and greatest blessing would go hand in hand?  As I raise these kids all by myself, and the times I get so frustrated and so upset that I wish a million things, and then they'll go to bed or become peaceful, and I calm down, I am reminded how good life is.  God has been good to us.  He daily loadeth us with benefits.

SIMPLE PLEASURES
This week the children spent some time with their dad.  It wasn't a lot of time, but enough for me to go for a hair cut, walk three laps at the walking park, do some shoe shopping, and spend some time with friends. Sometimes the simple things mean so much. 

ALL BY MYSELF
In 2006 I became divorced, and have since been solo with three children, now age 11, 9, and 3 years.  I love my kids, but this is the hardest thing I have ever done.  I've learned a lot from this journey, though.  I have found silence to be healing (be still and know God), and aloneness to be a source of great strength (when I am weak He is Strong; His Strength is made Perfect in my weakness).  And Father brings to us what we need when we need it (maybe not when we think we need it) but He provides, nonetheless.

And that is another piece of life from this Ozark hilltop

1 comment:

  1. You said it all!I found this to be true also.Our kids are the greatest things that could have happened.Your doing a great job as a mother.I feel very lucky to have got reaquainted with you.

    ReplyDelete